Tuesday, February 17, 2015

❤ To My Incredible Mother ❤

Dear Mam,

I don't know where to even start with this post, but it's pretty much just to say thank you for being the best mam and friend a girl could ask for. You are so amazing. I know most people look up to celebrities, and see them as role models and inspirations, someone they aspire to be like. Growing up, I looked up to the likes of Britney Spears (I think you could tell from my bedroom, which was covered with her pictures, haha.) I still see her as an inspiration now, as she's come through one of the darkest chapters of her life in 2007, and is a stronger woman for it.

However, YOU are my main inspiration. It might sound a little cliché, but you are seriously the most incredible person I know. Obviously you are the reason I'm here today, and I remind myself all the time just how lucky I am to have such an amazing mother and brothers. As your only daughter, I was well and truly spoilt as a little girl. I still am actually. I appreciated it then and I still do now. I love hearing how you 'waited ten long years' for me (and how I was worth it, haha)

I love that your personality shines, and you just radiate happiness wherever you go (unless you're in a mood, hahaha). You are an absolute joy to be around, and your company is always a pleasure. Not to mention the laughs with you are something else. I love our bitching sessions too, and how you tell it like it is. I like the fact that I got your green eyes and (dirty) sense of humour, because lets's face it, we're a pair of funny bitches, haha. If I look like you when I'm your age, I'll be a very happy lady. I love how the simple things like sitting out watching the birds, or walking, please you. I love your positive outlook on life and how you try to see a positive side to everything. I miss you everyday since I moved out of home, but when I see you, we do try to make the most of the time we have together (by the way, let's go shopping in March!)

This post goes a lot more in depth about why you are so incredible -- you have been to hell and back, and thankfully, you have never lost your sparkle or shine. You are truly amazing, and I'm so thankful for you. If mums were flowers, I'd most definitely pick you ;) or rocks, because you are my rock! I've told you things that I'd never tell another soul (except maybe one person), and no matter what the situation, you're always so understanding. As a personal coach and mother, you offer the best advice, and although I don't always take it (even when I should!), just know that I do appreciate it more than you know.

You try to see the good in everybody (well, most people) and every situation, and you usually know the right thing to say to cheer me up if I'm feeling crap. I'm so lucky I can talk to you about anything (literally anything!) as a lot of girls don't have that privilege, or close relationships with their mothers. I'm just glad we're as close as we are, and I wouldn't change it for the world. We've had our ups and downs like everyone, but I feel we've become stronger than ever over the past few years. What is it we say... us birds of a feather stick together. You are mum and dad to me and the boys, and we're all eternally grateful.

From kissing our scraped knees better as kids, to making the best coddle in the world, to being so understanding and selfless, you are just outstanding. You truly are one in a million. I love you more than all the stars in the sky.


Forever your baby girl & globug
(and best daughter in the world, obviously)
❤ ❤ 
Me, Caitlin and you at your 50th birthday party in 2013.

I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...