Sunday, May 25, 2014

Baking | Chocolate Chip Muffins

I've been getting more into baking lately as I find it pretty therapeutic, and the sweet treats at the end are just delicious! ;) this afternoon, I decided to bake chocolate chip muffins. Turns out I had all the ingredients, except chocolate chips, so I had to improvise...

Ingredients:
250g self-raising flour 
125g  caster sugar
12g cocoa powder
50g chocolate chips (didn't have any, so I broke cooking chocolate into tiny pieces!)
1 level teaspoon baking powder 
1 large egg 
150ml milk 
1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence (I didn't have any of this either, but it didn't affect the muffins)
125g margarine


Method:
1. Preheat your oven to 175°C/325°F/Gas 3.
2. Melt the margarine and allow it to cool.
3. Combine all the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
4. Mix the egg, milk and vanilla essence into the cooled margarine.
5. Then, add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix to make a very soft mixture.
6. Spoon the mixture into bun cases, making each case about two thirds full.
7. Bake for 20 – 30 minutes in a muffin tray, until golden brown and cooked through.
8. Enjoy with a lovely cup of tea/coffee... ah, perfect!

This recipe makes 12 delicious muffins...make sure you don't eat them all in one sitting ;) this was my first time making muffins and I think they turned out perfect. Definitely something I'll make again, maybe with banana sometime, or raisins for my fiancé.

Mmm...enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. These look incredible! Definitely bookmarking this post to refer back to when I bake them! xo

    Hannah | Glitter and Sparkle

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...