Sunday, February 02, 2014

Baking | Banana Bread

My huge love for banana bread came about last year when I had my first slice, made by my sister-in-law. It was so good! Ever since then, I've been making my own banana bread with the same recipe. I (very kindly) thought I would share it with you all, so here it is...

Ingredients:
250g self-raising flour
125g butter
125g brown sugar (you can use normal white granulated sugar if you don't have brown)
2 large eggs
3 large mashed bananas


Method:
1. Grease or line your loaf tin, and preheat your oven to 180°C.
2. Sift flour (into a separate bowl, not your mixing bowl)
3. Cream butter and sugar (in mixing bowl), until light and fluffy.
4. Beat in eggs one at a time, then the bananas.
5. Fold in flour.

6. Pour the mixture into the prepared tin.
7. Bake for 45 mins to 1 hour.
8. When cooked, leave the banana bread in the tin for 2 minutes, the turn onto a wire rack.

Serve plain, or with butter. Enjoy!

I think I'm doing pretty good at these baking posts ;) have you seen my Lemon Drizzle Cake post?
More baking posts coming your way soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...