Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Home | Wall Decals

I love home decorating, and adding little touches to make it more 'personal' is even better. I came across some wall decals online and bought one for my living room (pictured above). As soon as it arrived, I popped it up and couldn't have been happier with it. It's beautiful, and pretty easy to put up - the hardest part is trying to get the words exactly straight. It's easier to have someone stand on the opposite side of the room to guide you on straightness. The decals are reusable, and stick to any flat and clean surface. If you mess up putting them up (not straight, like I did a few times!) don't worry. Simply peel it off and place it where you want it. They don't take off paint, and they're quite durable...I was worried they would rip easily, but I was surprised they're so tough. None of mine have ripped, even though I was messing around with the living room decal for about 45 minutes! I have purchased a few more decals since, and I love them. I seem to be building up a little collection, but it's nice...

This is my most recent one, above our bed with some butterflies (which came with the set)

This one is behind the toilet in our downstairs bathroom... how cute?

This little butterfly came in a pack of 14, and they're placed in random spots around the house... on the dishwasher, washing machine, fridge, bathroom mirror, and a few on some caddies on the kitchen.

I bought mine on eBay, cheap and cheerful! Just search 'wall decals' and you'll get a huge selection. I have my eye on a few more, and I can't wait to order them soon. The ones I order come from Hong Kong, with free shipping, but it can take on average 10 days to arrive. I don't mind waiting that long, as some from the UK charge ridiculous prices for both the decal and shipping. Oh, and a little tip... you might want to keep the backing paper that the decals stick to. This is just in case you ever move, the decals will be easily transported and safe.

Do you use wall decals in your home? If not, would you consider using them now after reading my post?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...