Sunday, October 14, 2012

Review | Benefit 'They're Real' mascara


I had read/watched rave reviews of this mascara, and I really wanted to give it a go. It retails from €25 - €27 here, which I thought was a bit steep. However, my fiancé said it could be a little 'early Christmas present'. I ordered it from ASOS, as part of a booster set, in which the travel version was free. It cost €26.11, with free delivery. It arrived a couple of days later, woo!

According to Benefit;
94% saw dramatic length & volume
90% saw base-to-tip curl
94% saw visible lift
100% saw long-wearing results

And it's the 'World's #1 mascara' ...that's a big claim!


Benefit also say 'They're real! mascara lengthens, curls, volumizes, lifts & separates beyond belief. The jet black, long-wearing formula is smudge-proof & budge-proof...and the specially designed brush reveals lashes you never knew you had!'


It also tells you how to use the mascara, but I think it's common sense. It's basically the same with all mascaras! Wiggle from base to tip.

***


I like the silver/grey tube. It's simple and pretty, and the little pop of orange colour is cute.


From the picture above, you can see the size difference between the full size one and the travel one...how dinky is the travel one?! It's so cute, i have mine in my handbag right now :)


This is the brush of the full size mascara. The little bristles are made of rubber, and you can see the little kind of ball shape at the tip. This has tiny bristles on it which are to help coat even the tiniest lashes.

I curled my lashes before I applied the mascara, and it kept the curl longer than any mascara ever has! It gives great length, and you can build it to get some good volume with a few coats. The formula of the mascara is perfect for my liking, and the blackness is brilliant. I LOVE blackest black mascaras.

These are my lashes before:


And after, with one coat:


How aaaamazing is it?! It's definitely my new HG mascara, a must-have. It lasted all day, and like some other mascaras, it didn't flake at all for me. I can't even begin to tell you how much I love the length that it gives! A huge thumbs up from me!

I was playing around with the mascara and some eyeliner, and this is the mascara with 3 coats on. I love the volume! Some people may not like so many coats, as it can begin to look clumpy, but I think this looks good.


It doesn't dry too fast, so you have a little bit of time to work with, and I think this is vital if it starts to get clumpy when you're applying it. I would repurchase this mascara again, as I would with most Benefit products!

I can't think of any cons with the mascara, I just love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...