Saturday, September 22, 2012

Review | Avon 'Ideal Flawless' foundation


I ordered a small sample of this foundation with one of my first Avon orders. I only got around to using it properly recently, and now it's gone! I'm pretty much obsessed with make-up, so it's only natural that I try every foundation out there..heehee. I then ordered the full-size one on eBay. From the UK, the cost of the foundation AND shipping, was cheaper than the foundation itself, from the Avon catalogue in Ireland...

 my shade is Light Pink

 the applicator pump

with SPF 15

 on the back of my hand

 blended in

the bottle

This full-coverage foundation promises to 'create a virtually undetectable veil of natural-looking, flawless perfection'.

I love this foundation so much, it's definitely my new favourite. I use my Beauty Blender to apply the foundation (damp), and I find it's the best way. It gives flawless coverage, and is buildable without looking cakey. The range comes in 15 shades, which I think is really impressive, as a lot of other brands comes in around 4 or 5 shades. At first, I was wary about using the foundation, as I have dry skin. I never know how a foundation will look on my skin, as I have dry skin. I needn't have worried though, I moisturised around 15 minutes before applying the foundation and it was flawless! The finish is nice and dewy, but I like to apply a powder over the top to seal everything in and help it last longer.

The formula is perfect, not too thick, not too watery. I love the applicator pump, and using my beauty blender, 2 pumps covers my whole face and gives full coverage. I've tried using my fingers and one pump is enough for that, but I find the beauty blender gives the best coverage. I find it didn't transfer too easily. I could hug my fiancé without a foundation stain ending up on his shirt, so that's a plus! When applying the foundation, you have time to blend it and work with it, because it doesn't sink into the skin right away.

In hot weather, it doesn't melt. In wet weather, it doesn't slide. I find I don't need to touch-up during the day; it lasts until I decide to take my make-up off.

with the foundation on

...

Overall, I would definitely recommend this foundation if you're looking for a full-coverage, dewy foundation. It's perfect, and I can see myself using it a lot in the future. You can purchase it from the Avon Shop, eBay or from your local Avon representative. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...