Tuesday, May 29, 2012

How I Clean My Makeup Brushes

I like to deep clean my makeup brushes once a week or once every (around) 10 days, depending on how much makeup I wear during the week. On most other days, I spot clean so bacteria doesn't build up in the brushes. This is how I deep clean my brushes...

Brushes before... yuuukk!


Baby shampoo (my brush cleaner) It keeps my brushes soft and smelling yummy!


**********

Step 1: Pour a few drops of baby shampoo into the palm of your hand, and wet your brush.


Step 2: Whilst the tap is still running, rub the brush back and forth across the palm of your hand (you'll see the dirty coming away!) Squeeze the brush a couple of times to help remove the dirt from deep in the bristles (yuk!) Keep doing this until the water runs clear.


 Step 3: Squeeze the brush bristles until all moisture drops out.


Step 4: Lay the brush with the bristles facing downwards onto a towel, so the remaining water can run out through the bristles (don't store the brush flat or upside down - the warm water can loosen the glue, ruining the brush). Allow brushes to dry naturally.


Brushes after... Clean, soft, smelling gorgeous and good as new!


Hope you enjoyed this little post, thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...