Friday, May 04, 2012

Clinique Even Better foundation (Alabaster)

I got this late last month, as I had heard so much about it. I had to try it, but it was €28.50, so I was trying to decide whether I could spend that much on a foundation... but I did!

I bought it in Brown Thomas (I think Brown Thomas is only in Ireland, but I think Debenhams might do it too...) and when I was there, one of the ladies offered to apply it for me so we could find a perfect match. I agreed and we found my perfect match was 01 Alabaster.

This is what it looks like...


The Clinique website says:

New Even Better Foundation SPF15 oil free formula, a powerful foundation developed to help combat hyper-pigmentation and deliver brighter skin, both immediately and over time. Includes treatment benefits to help even skin tone and SPF protection to help prevent future hyper-pigmentation. Provides moderate to full coverage, leaving skin instantly perfected with a unique mineral blend.

  • Skin Types: All Skin Types
  • Formula: Liquid
  • Coverage: Moderate to Full
  • Benefits: Anti-aging, Covers or treats uneven skin tone, Mineral enriched, Long wearing
  • Concern: Uneven Skin Tone

  • *********

  • The foundation contains SPF 15, and is said to even and correct skintones. The coverage is moderate, and is very buildable. My perfect colour is Alabaster, and I was a bit worried it would be a bit too dark for me, but it's not, it's perfect! It's the lightest shade available in the foundation.



The consistency is really nice, not too watery. It's nice and creamy, so it's easily blendable and easy to work with.


This is my skin before... (The camera is making my skin come up a little redder than it is in real life. I think I might have rosacea!)



And with the foundation (applied with my MAC 190 brush)


 With blush applied...



I love this foundation! I have dry skin, but I moisturise 10 minutes before applying my foundation. It doesn't make my skin oily, and it evens out my skin. It gives me a brighter look, makes me look more awake, which is always a plus after a late night! By the end of the day, the foundation is still in place and doesn't slide off my face at all. It has a nice finish, in between matte and dewy. Sometimes, I apply powder over the top just to help it set.

I really recommend this makeup if you're looking for a foundation that will brighten your skin, give great coverage (and buildable) has skin correcting properties and gives a smooth even finish! I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...