Saturday, February 11, 2012

Soap & Glory Kick Ass Concealer (Light)- Review & swatches

As a self-confessed makeup addict, I've tried most cosmetic brands out there. Same with body scrubs, lotions etc. Anything beauty related, and I'm all over it! I've tried numerous Soap & Glory products (mainly with the huge set I got for Christmas 2010). I loved all the products, and when looking at this concealer from a distance, I expected it to live up to the usual S&G high standard. It just seemed so expensive...



I do love the pink, black & gold box!  

I was umm-ing and ahh-ing over the product for ages. I kept looking at reviews to see if my view changed...nope, I still wanted it. But I couldn't justify spending that much money... €14 for a concealer seemed a bit much, but the reviews were so good! Plus, I basically have suitcases under my eyes, not bags, suitcases! So, fiiiiiinally, I treated myself to it (from Boots) on my birthday when I received money, which I asked for to go on a little spending spree. This is what the packaging looks like. Black, pink, gold and sturdy...and with stars - perfect!


When you open the pot, the first thing you'll notice is the little S&G sponge on top of the sealing powder. How cute is the sponge?!


When you lift up this section, you'll notice there are the two cream concealers (so creamy!) You can use separately, or mix together to get the shade you want.


This is what the creams and powder looks like up close.


And this is what they look like normally...


Mine is in the shade LIGHT, so you can see how light the powder is.

If you look at the sides of the concealer pot, you will see that it's a THREE step 'process'.


The steps are as follows:

Step 1 - bottom left section of concealer pot:
under eye brightening concealer with PUFFEASE-8
Step 2 - bottom right section of concealer pot:
SUPERWEAR lightscramble face concealer
Step 3 - top of concealer pot:
concealer sealing powder with INSTA-FIX polymer technology

It's simple to use! This is what the cream concealers look like, swatched on my arm. I didn't see a point in swatching the powder, as it was practically invisible - very light!


Now, onto the actual review...

If I had to describe this with one word, it would be... KICK ASS! (okay that's two, sorry!) I really love this concealer. You can use the cream concealers alone, or you can mix them together to get your colour. They're so creamy, easily blended into the skin, and it didn't cake or go flaky at all. I didn't need to mix the colours, they were perfect as they are, as I'm pretty pale (I'm Irish, don't judge!). It covered my undereye bags pretty well (I get enough sleep, I'm just unlucky with eye bags!) Pics will be up soon!

I'd definitely recommend this to anyone who's looking for a good concealer! If it can cover my bags, it can cover anyone's! It's amazing for blemishes too. Kick Ass? Hell yes!

BUY IT!

2 comments:

  1. Oooh I have wanted to try this for ages and I have a £2 off coupon, perfect! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely get it, you wont regret it! x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...