Saturday, January 28, 2012

Baked Powder Glamour Eyes Compact - Review, pictures & swatches


I popped into TK Maxx a few weeks ago, and the packaging of this gorgeous Markwins Baked Powder - Glamour Eyes Compact caught my eye. I took it out to have a look and I was very impressed with the baked shadows and colours. Of course, I ended up buying it, and at €6.99, it was a total bargain! (RRP €12.50 - this is why I  TK Maxx!)


The box is pretty, girly and colourful - everything I love!
The palette itself has a pretty snakeskin effect/feel to the top.
The palette opens up to reveal a mirror inside, along with 8 shadows. The top row of shadows is more neutral than the bottom row, and all 8 shadows have a slight shimmer to them.

Baked shadows are best used wet, as sometimes, when used dry, they don't show their full pigmentation. I haven't used mine wet just yet, but I tried them dry and the pigmentation was still amazing! The swatches are shown below, in natural light with no flash.

Top row - dry (no base/primer)
 Bottom row - dry (no base/primer)

My favourite colours have to be the pink on the top row and the bright blue on the bottom row! With all of the shadows being pretty pigmented when used dry, I can imagine that when used wet, the colour pay-off will be simply amazing! The packaging is beautiful too...sleek and sturdy, but light at the same time. It comes with 2 eyeshadow applicators, which I don't use.

I would definitely recommend it to anyone looking to try out baked shadows, or simply wanting to expand their makeup collection. And at that price, you can't go wrong with this palette! I can't wait to do more makeup looks with this little beauty!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...