Saturday, November 26, 2011

MUSIC: Old vs New

An old song popped into my head this morning, and I just HAD to listen to it. I opened the song on YouTube, sat back and listened, and let all the memories flood my mind. I do love Westlife (obviously), Britney (obviously!) and Rihanna, but I just prefer older music, especially from the 60's.

This is one of my favourites.

Ray Peterson - Tell Laura I Love Her

I used to sing these songs with my parents. They're huge fans, and it has passed on to me. This music would be playing all day, and I know the lyrics to so many of these songs from listening to them so much. The thing is, they never get old. I could listen to them all day. These days, if I hear a song maybe 3 times, chances are, I'll get sick of it (unless it's Westlife!) 

It made me realise that music from the 50s to the 80s is SO much better than the noise that people call 'music' these days. The songs were sang with passion, emotion and true heart. It's such a shame to see that real music has faded away... I'm an oldies girl at heart!


These are some of my favourite songs from the old days...
Righteous Brothers - Unchained Melody

Elkie Brooks - Don't Cry Out Loud
(I used to sing this with my mum!)

Mark Dinning - Teen Angel 

Patsy Cline - Crazy

Cat Stevens - The First Cut Is The Deepest
(I used to sing this with my dad!)

Elkie Brooks - Pearl's A Singer

Now you tell me that this isn't real music...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...